Cairns International Airport (CNS)
+61 7 4033 9777
Reviews of Budget Car and Truck Rental Cairns Airport
- James Gray Added November 26, 2020★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆I wish I had read the previous reviews prior to booking. I was charged over $500 on my credit card for a cracked windscreen that was pre-existing damage (it was even visible in the photos provided at the time of booking). It's been more than two weeks and I am still trying to get my money back. The Cairns Airport branch manager has not returned calls. They also double charged me for the rental which was thankfully sorted out (and refunded) by the head office.
Note: The charge for the windscreen was finally refunded by the Budget head office three weeks later
- Victor Rull Added November 26, 2020★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆The initial deal was for a small car with the quoted amount of AUD $763, which was visible on my credit card as Visa hold, after I had taken the car from Cairns Airport. Everything was fine, I returned the car back to airport parking and flew away. Two weeks later I got a Visa statement with the withdrawn amount of $1347.74 - this is 76% of price increase. I downloaded the invoice and found $500 "Misc" charges. On my request I got another copy of the invoice without any further comments, where that line was called "Accident Repairs / Liability". I made a second request, which resulted in the response saying that the case is being investigated. Nothing more since that (the beginning of December 2019).
There was no accident, no other damage to the car I am aware of. The rental agreement states that Budget must contact the customer if any issues arise - they never contacted me, and I have no idea what they overcharged me for.
Certainly I will never ever deal with Budget and their parent company Avis.
- Tim Forrest Added November 21, 2020★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆I booked and confirmed (twice) with @Budget an 8 seater for my holiday in Cairns and had flight details included. Our flight from Brisbane got to the airport at 7.30pm and the office was closed. No way to contact them. Stranded at a remote airport with 4 kids, 2 adults and luggage with a half hour drive to accommodation.
Visiting the desk on our return - the response was "we close at 6pm" and a shrug and a suggestion to call the help desk.
No follow-up to our call (Budget Customer Service: Case 34445525) - we've waited 10 days so far.
I'm absolutely amazed and disgusted by the lack of care.
- Paul L Added November 19, 2020★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆I do not recommend this hire car company. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced, they took my money out of my account without any information on what it was for weeks after car hire and I have not heard back from them when I leave a message or email them. You won't be able to get through to them on the phone and the call centre was unable to answer simple questions, wait times were long and finally they cut me off. The service desk at the airport was very slow and inefficient of all the car rental companies. The car was in terrible condition and even had a cigarette hole through the driver's seat. I've emailed them numerous times with no response. I would score a zero if it was an option. Do yourself a favour and avoid the trouble and use another hire care company.
- #LMALJ Added November 13, 2020★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Great customer service to start with and staff were very helpful and honest, however wont be back ever budget is a joke. Townsville airport budget is greedy and disappointing enquired to extend the car for one day and they wanted to charge the full 3days amount for entire rental instead of one day. Greedy b$%/=÷S and took days for the rental bond to be returned
Share this page
Today's weather in Cairns City QLD
13:00 29 ℃ 1010 hPa 70 % 5 m/s 16:00 28 ℃ 1009 hPa 68 % 5 m/s 19:00 25 ℃ 1010 hPa 81 % 4 m/s 22:00 24 ℃ 1011 hPa 85 % 3 m/s